North Tyneside's Commitment to Carers' 2015
During 2014 and early 2015 a significant amount of consultation was carried out with carers to agree the priorities that would be taken forward from the previous Carers’ Strategy.
North Tyneside’s Commitment to Carers’ builds on the successes of the previous Adult Carers’ Strategy 2012-2014 and is based upon six priorities:
- Earlier identification of carers and the provision of quality information
- Improved communication
- Improved carer health, wellbeing and support
- Support that enables carers to go to/continue to work or in education
- Carers have access to emotional support
- Smooth transition of support from children’s to adult services
It also combines the North Tyneside Young Carers’ Strategy which was developed in 2010. The Commitment has been developed in partnership between North Tyneside Council, North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre and with support from the Carers Voluntary Sector Forum, Healthwatch North Tyneside and feedback from carers who live in the borough.