One to One Support
If you require a more in depth discussion about your needs as a carer, we can provide one to one support with a Carer Support Worker.
Our specialist team of Carer Support Workers will discuss and recognise the impact of your caring responsibilites on your health and wellbeing. They will provide you with individually tailored information, advice and guidance to support you to make informed choices which are right for you.
One to one support will give you the opportunity to:
- Share your difficulties and concerns in a safe environment
- Find out more about the condition of the person you care for
- Understand your rights as a carer
- Develop coping strategies
- Consider your own health and wellbeing
- Explore a life outside of caring
- Plan for the future, or an emergency
- Find out about benefits and entitlements
- Access advocacy support, to help you express your views and wishes
- Access support to gain or maintain employment, training or education
- Discover other services provided by North Tyneside Carers’ Centre such as peer support groups, training or activities
- Understand the support available from Adult Social Care for you or the person you care for
- Explore other organisations that may be able to support you
If you feel you would benefit from one to one support, please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.