Do you have a desire to improve the quality of life of carers in North Tyneside?
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre is looking to recruit Carers’ Champions from a range of health and social care organisations and departments to improve the experiences of carers who access services. As a Carers' Champion you will be willing to use your influence to stand up for the interests of carers and ensure they have a voice.
As a Carers’ Champion you can use your influence where possible to:
- Provide a point of contact for identifying and promoting carer support in your workplace
- Raise awareness of carers' needs within your own team/service; offering advice to colleagues on carer issues
- Keep up to date on information and issues relating to carers
- Take an interest in the quality and availability of information for carers
- Help and support carers to access carers' assessments, or an assessment of need for the person they look after
- Help and support carers to look after their own physical and emotional health and wellbeing
- Help to safeguard carers and the people they are caring for
- Signpost carers to helplines and other sources of specialist support for themselves and the person they care for, including advocacy
- Ensure that carers are always fully involved in any planning and decision making that affects them or the person they are caring for
Carers’ Champions are needed to ensure the success of North Tyneside’s Commitment to Carers.
If you are interested in finding out more or would like to register as a Carers’ Champion, please contact the Centre Manager on (0191) 643 2298.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.