Information, Advice and Guidance
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre provides a confidential advice and information service. We understand the demands of providing unpaid care and support. We know that while it can be rewarding, caring can also be exhausting.
Everyone's caring situation is different, so our professionally trained team will offer you information, advice and guidance which is tailored to meet your individual needs. Support can be provided over the telephone, email, face to face or in group situations, depending on how you feel comfortable receiving this.
Our workers will discuss your situation with you and will provide you with the information you need which could include:
- Looking after yourself
- Local services available for you and the person you care for
- Social Care
- How to manage a specific illness or condition
- Benefits and entitlements
- Carer's Assessments
- Planning for an emergency
- Carers’ breaks
- Employment, education or training opportunities
- Training opportunities to support you in your caring role
- Assistive technology
- Peer support groups
- Events and Activities
If you require information, advice or guidance, please contact the Centre on (0191) 643 2298.
If someone depends on you, you can depend on us.